26 de març 2012

Description of a place: VENICE


I have chosen this italian city because last summer I went there for 5 days with my family, and it loved me. A part, in this city there are a lot of culture, as Italy has a lot of old history that it is still here, and more over, Venice has a particular characteristic and it's that is the City of Water, the "City of Masks", the "City of Bridges", "The Floating City" and the "City of Canals".

Venice is a city in  the Northeast of Italy, situated in the marshy Venetian Lagoon in the Adriatic Sea. This city stretches across 117 small islands joined by 409 bridges. The city of Venice, is divided into six areas.
The population of the city, is aproximately about 266.181 people in  421km2 of surface. Venice hasn't a Mediterranean climate, and this is due to the high latitude of the other cities on the Mediterranean Sea. A part, the winters are really cold and the rains are becoming more frequently. During Autumn and Spring there are a phenomenon called acqua alta, and this occurs when the water level exceeds 90mm in the normal tide level, and causes certain flooding.
Venice is a city on water where there aren't roads, so any type of ground transportation can't driving on it. Therefore, the only transport available is the water transport, so all the people moves there by boats (public boats, taxi boats, particular boats or the famous gondolas) or walking.
 


File:Collage Venezia.jpgFinally, I want to describe my feelings that Venice give to me.  At the beginning, I thought that Venice was a typical italian city with a lot of culture and history, but then, my first impresion when I arrived at Venice changed quickly. When I got off from the taxi boat and I smell the venetian air, I knew I was in another era and another world. Day after day, I realized that the atmosphere of this city was very different to the rest of the cities, and that is because the spirit of culture will never lost.
 


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada